Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jewelry Color Inspiration #36 & Mojo Monday #86

















Hello Everyone!
Sorry for the lack of posting, last week they found a superficial blood clot in my right leg. I was laid up for a couple of days and on antibiotics, elevate leg, heating pad, daily aspirin. Doing much better, pain is gone but there is still a lump in my leg. On to stamping...
I love the color combo that Stacey has this week and I thought I would give Mojo Monday Sketch a try also. I used the "Watercolor Technique" that I learned from Patty Bennett you should check it out, it's an awesome video tutorial.
I used the heart stamp from the "Always" stamp set and used Versamark on Shimmery White cardstock and used white embossing powder. I then sprayed the paper with water until the water was standing and then I picked up the reinker colors with the aqua painter and applied to the heart. I love the tie dye effect. The butterflies are from the "Priceless" stamp set. I first inked the stamp with Versamark then into Tempting Turquoise and stamped onto Whisper White and applied Heat & Stick powder heated and applied Dazzling Diamonds. Did the same with the Lavender Lace butterfly. I like this technique to use the classic ink and versamark together. TIP: I have two Versamark pads, one for this technique (as sometimes ink gets on the Versamark pad) & another one just for Versamark use only.
Thanks for stopping by :-)
Stamps: Always, Priceless, Short & Sweet, So Swirly Jumbo Wheel
Paper: Tempting Turpuoise, Lavender Lace, So Saffron, Whisper White, Shimmery White
Ink: Versamark, Tempting Turquoise, Lavender Lace
Reinkers: Tempting Turquoise, Lavender Lace, So Saffron
Accessories: Heat Tool, White EP, Heat & Stick Powder, Aqua Painter, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, So Saffron GG Ribbon, Eyelet Border Punch, Dimensionals

6 comments :

Stacey Schafer said...

Sorry to hear about your blood clot...take care! Wow, Cindy! This is gorgeous! lovin' the effect of this technique:) Thanks for playing in the JCI36!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun coloring of your big heart. Great job on the Mojo sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Cindy! This is a great technique to use for this image. Hope your leg is doing better, take care!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Card Cindy. I love the coloring of the heart.
Nadia

Caryl P said...

This card is just amazing! I love the watercolor effect and how you used the sketch--no squares!
I'd love to see your work at unscriptedsketches.com!

Maria Matter said...

OMGosh, Cindy, sorry to hear about your leg. I hope you're better soon!
Your card is amazing! Just so beautiful!
Take care of yourself!
Blessings, Maria

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...