Saturday, April 6, 2013

Birthday Flowers


I saw this technique on Heather Telford's Blog and just had to try it. 
 Stampin' Up! style of course ;-)  

Embossed the Bordering on Romance flowers in white on Daffodil Delight card stock.  Heather used water color pencils on her card, I used water and SU Classic Ink instead.  First I did a light wash of Pumpkin Pie all over the petal and then added a bit more for some shading.  Be very careful, too much water will make the card stock pill!  Did the same with the Gumball Green on the leaves.  Added some Dazzling Details to the center of the flowers for some sparkle.  I really like this technique, I think I might try a pink background next!

Thanks for stopping by :-)

Cindy

Stamps:  Bordering on Romance, Apothecary Art
Paper:  Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Ink:  Gumball Green, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark
Accessories:  White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Paint Brush, Dazzling Details

1 comment :

Soozie4Him said...

I absolutely LOVE this card! I find that I'm drawn to your cards and blog every time you post them. Thanks for the inspiration!

Susan, aka soozie4him on SCS
Moot96 AT aol DOT com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...